We are honoured to offer ex-serviceman Richard Long a room tonight as he takes part in his 4 year walk (the length of the First World War) around the coastline of Britain with a seven stone bag on his back The “Long” way around the British Isles. Initially he started his journey to help himself cope with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder but also as this is the Centenary year of the start of the First World War, to complete this walk in memory of all those who took part in the war. All money raised is going towards Help for Heroes and Combat Stress for more information or to donate click Here
ABOUT LOCH MELFORT HOTEL
A unique retreat, set in 17 acres of gardens and beach on the romantic coast of Argyll in the Scottish Highlands, Loch Melfort Hotel is the perfect place to relax and unwind.
We offer a mixture of affordable luxury and comfort, with fantastic sea views and a tranquil setting, roaring log fire in our lounge and spectacular coastal scenery to explore and admire.
- Christmas Gifts from the Highlands of Scotland
- Cosy Winter Breaks
- Quinn: General Assistant
- Sara: Supervisor
- Castles, Lochs, and Legends: A Journey Through Historic Argyll
- Escape the Ordinary: Things to do in Oban
- Argyll Sunsets: Best photography spots in the West Scottish Highlands
- Adventure of a Lifetime: Sailing holidays in Argyll & The Isles
- Fall Into Autumn and Winter
- Whisky Adventures in Argyll: Distillery Tours, History & Beyond