We are passionate about sourcing the freshest and highest quality local ingredients for our menus.
We are committed to local sustainable production and we want to know where our food comes from and how it is produced. This has been something of a journey and along the way we have discovered and procured some wonderful produce, grown and prepared by kindred spirits who reside mainly in Scotland and close to Loch Melfort.
We were delighted to be one of the first hotels in Scotland visited by VisitScotland in 2013 and awarded a Pass, under their new “Taste our Best” scheme. This scheme is a joint initiative between VisitScotland and The Scottish Government, with support from Scotland Food and Drink, to promote properties with over 40% of the ingredients sourced locally.
Below is a list of our Scottish Suppliers:
- Hyslops Butchers – Tarbert
- Ferguson’s Butchers – Lochgilphead
- Charles Macleod Stornoway Black Pudding – Stornoway
Fish and Seafood
- John Vallance – Glasgow
Eggs and Dairy
- JR Fine Foods, Cheese – Glasgow
- Isle of Mull Cheese – Sgriob-ruadh Farm Dairy, Isle of Mull
- Oban Whisky – Oban
- De Burgh Wine Merchant – Midlothian
- Brodies of Edinburgh Coffee -Musselburgh
- Braehead Foods – Kilmarnock
- Breckenridge – Oban