We are looking for a committed Food and Beverage Manager to help oversee the day to day running of our beautiful 30-bedroom hotel.
With a busy restaurant and full room occupancy throughout the season, this is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their career.
We are offering a long-term opportunity to help lead the exceptional team at one of Argyll’s favourite hotels. The Food and Beverage Manager will support, encourage, and empower team members to deliver the very highest standards of guest service.
The Essential Skills:
Reporting to our Operations Manager, the Food and Beverage Manager will have the experience and personality to accept serious responsibilities; will set high standards for everyone in the team and will be ready and excited for the challenges and rewards of helping the business grow.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar role in a similar sized property. Or perhaps have been a F&B Supervisor or a Deputy (wet-led) Manager looking to move up.
A dynamic role we believe deserves an energetic individual and so we are looking for someone with a zest to create the opportunity for our guests to experience the absolute best of everything we offer and look forward to their next visit!
- Our F&B Manager should have at least 2 years’ experience in a supervisory/leadership position in the hospitality industry
- At various times, you will be Duty Manager for The Loch Melfort Hotel
- A proven track record as a leader and mentor, supporting teams to embody and deliver the warmth and comfort of a truly memorable Scottish hospitality experience will be a must.
- Must have an ability to thrive under pressure, be responsive to guests and have the skills to think quickly and solve problems
- Relaxed and confident in every interaction with others, whether customers, team members and demonstrating a genuine interest in others
- You will be a team player, motivating staff with enthusiasm and professionalism and be able to lead, coach and animate the hotel team to exceptional performance working collaboratively
- Our F&B manager should have strong business acumen and an analytical mindset for financial results
- Demonstrable ability to communicate easily with a wide range of guests, staff, heads of departments and Owners is a necessity, as you will deputise for the Operations Manager in her absence
- Leading by example, you will be one of our main brand ambassadors and it is important to us who you are, your own values and personality as much as your skills and experience
The Package / Benefits / Opportunities
Hours: 48 per week, 5 days on with 2 consecutive days off per week every week.
Salary: £28k plus tips share, meals on duty are also provided. Cash tips are divided equally every week and credit card tips every month. We add a discretionary gratuity to every lunch or dinner bill and pay them out based on hours worked (yours would be 48). This year it has meant an average of an extra £1.80 per hour for every employee. Obviously, this cannot be guaranteed and will go down as busy dies down over winter.
You will receive toil for any hours you work over 48 per week.
Job Type: Permanent/All year round. The hotel will close from 29th November till 28th Jan but you move to office work/maintenance if not using holidays.
There is great scope for personal development, we are committed to management training and development in the areas you choose to excel or want more experience in.
Part-time applicants will be considered and own transport desirable due to our rural location. Live in could be available with great job opportunities available for a partner in any area of the operation.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter to Mrs Samantha Erskine, Hotel Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org