Wild Swimming in Scotland
Scotland is home to some of the most beautiful and unspoilt beaches in the world, meaning that you don’t need to travel to far-away places to enjoy crystal clear waters and fresh sea air. Check in to your beautiful sea-view bedroom and feel inspired to swim on the wild West coast of Scotland. There is a treasure-trove of stunning scenery, along with fascinating wildlife and flora surrounding our country house by the sea.
Enjoy your morning by waking up and having your first dip – we will provide you with extra towels – and you can walk down to the boat house and dive in there or wander along to the shore to one of the two sandy beaches. Come back to a full cooked Scottish breakfast, with gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian options, before heading up or down the coast to some of Scotland’s finest beaches. After a day at the beach, return to our hotel for a full-bodied, warming single malt from one of the distilleries in the local area.
Our Wild Swimming package is priced from £660 per room for 3-nights and includes:
- 3-nights en-suite accommodation in a sea-view room
- £40 per person allowance towards dinner is included each night in either the restaurant or Bistro, giving you the chance to sample the delights of local Argyll produce
- Full Scottish breakfast each morning and a packed lunch each day (2 days)
- Two 50ml single malts pre-dinner drinks – our malt of the month
- Extra towels for the beach every day and drying facilities available
- Bringing a dog? Lots of little extras in the bedrooms and they can have extra towels too!
- A list of the best places to go wild swimming in the area
How to Book
Terms and Conditions
Prices quoted above are based on two adults sharing a sea-view bedroom and include service and VAT. Supplements apply for room upgrades. Package is available from May – October. Should you bring your dog a small supplement will apply. All dietary requirements can be catered for. Whisky can be substituted for another drink if required. Rates are subject to availability.
Fancy more of a challenge?
Loch Melfort Hotel is delighted to team up with swimming experience experts SwimTrek, giving you the opportunity to take part in one of Scotland’s most iconic open water swims. The Gulf of Corryvreckan (featured in Robson Green’s “wild Swimming” programme) is transformed into a whirlpool during tides – safe to swim across during slack water when the whirlpool is dormant. This challenge is not for the faint-hearted! Find out more.