Covid-19 Update – 23th March 2020
Following the advice from the Scottish government on Sunday 22nd March that hotels “should not be accepting guests” we made the heart-breaking decision to close our hotel with immediate effect earlier today. We are devastated by the ongoing Covid-19 crisis and the effect this is having on not just fellow hotels and Scottish businesses but indeed absolutely everyone. Our priority is keeping our team, their families, and our local communities safe and healthy.
All reservations up until (and including) the 31st May 2020 have now been cancelled. Should you have a booking during this period your deposit will be held, and you will have a chance to rebook within the next 18 months. We appreciate your support during this difficult time.
Should you need to get in touch with us please email email@example.com. This mailbox will be checked intermittently. We will also continue to update our website should we have any further announcements.
We look forward to re-opening and welcoming you all back again once it is safe to travel. In the meantime, we wish you and yours good health.
Best wishes, Calum & Rachel.
Covid-19 Update – 20th March 2020
Unfortunately due to the closure of our neighbouring Arduaine Gardens, we have taken the decision to not open our Bistro until further notice. Our hotel and restaurant remain open and will continue to do so until we have no choice but to close.
We will be serving takeaway filled rolls from 10am – 12am. Lunch in the hotel lounge from 12pm – 5pm and dinner in the restaurant from 6pm – 9pm, adhering to the recommendations for social distancing. Tea, coffee, drinks, snacks and home-bakes are available all day.
We remain committed to having a strong and healthy business and are doing everything we can to support our team and guests during this incredibly difficult time. We would like to thank everyone for their help and support and wish you good health. Calum & Rachel.
Covid-19 Statement – 16th March 2020
Here at Loch Melfort Hotel we are closely monitoring the current and fast changing situation with Covid-19. Our hotel remains open to dining and overnight guests and we are doing everything we can to provide a safe and healthy environment for our team and visitors.
What we are doing
- Increased disinfecting of surfaces which are touched frequently – door handles, the front desk and toilets etc.
- Colleagues have been provided with hand sanitiser and we are necessitating extra hand washing.
- Guidelines are in place for team members not to come into work if they feel unwell or show any symptoms of Covid-19.
- We are offering remote check-in for guests so there is no need to come to the reception desk. Guests will receive all information via email including their room number and paperwork will be left in the bedroom to be collected later on.
How to avoid the virus
We ask guests to please follow the official NHS guidelines for avoiding the virus:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get back to the hotel after being out
- Use hand sanitiser gel whilst you are out and about if soap and water are not available (if possible)
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
Should you show any symptoms of Covid-19 please do not come to the hotel.
Flexible Travel Policies
We have put new rates and policies in place to help ease the stress of uncertainty.
Should you already have a booking with us but wish to amend or cancel your booking the following applies:
50% Deposit Rates
If you have paid a 50% deposit and your booking is taking place from 14 days’ time you may change your dates within a 12-month period. This has been increased from our usual 6 months.
Fully Flexible Rate
For guests wishing to book future stays we have introduced a new flexible bed and breakfast rate. This allows you to cancel or amend your booking up to 10am on the day of your arrival. We hope this rate will give you the comfort you need to book your stay knowing if anything changes with the current Covid-19 situation you can cancel with no strings attached.
Our hotel is located in a rural area, away from busy cities and towns and is a great spot for getting away from it all. Our sea-view lodge (isolated) bedrooms offer direct access, so no need to venture into the rest of the hotel if you are uncomfortable being in public spaces during this difficult time. We offer 24-hour room service and are happy to provide you with everything you need for a comfortable stay.
Lastly, we would like to thank you for your support during these unprecedented times and wish you and your loved ones good health.