Still open with great Scottish food, views, and hospitality
Following the recent Government announcement about the hospitality industry we thought we should let know we are still open and very much looking forward to welcoming you to Loch Melfort Hotel.
You can still stay and enjoy our fabulous West coast views while relaxing in our restaurant with two menus to choose from. Mix and match between our Restaurant Menu or Bistro Favourites. Should you wish to have an alcoholic drink we are happy to serve you outside on our spacious decking up until 10pm, or in your room, as many times as you like up until 11pm with no tray charge.
We are offering an optional gin flight tasting in your room, half an hour before your dinner time. You are also more than welcome to order your desserts at the table to be delivered to your room in 20 minutes with a coffee/port/brandy (anything you would like from the bar).
Finally if you would like a bottle of wine to be in your room for arrival just let us know and it will be there.
Not staying in the hotel?
Our Bistro is still serving a takeaway menu of hot drinks, wraps, paninis, soup, and hot filled rolls between 12pm and 5pm. Dinner and soft drinks are available from 4.30pm – 6pm in the restaurant.
Keeping you Safe
We want our visitors and guests to feel comfortable and safe when they visit us. We have implemented new procedures throughout the property to ensure every aspect of our operation is safe. The hotel is following every detail of the current government guidelines.
Changes we have made:
- Check in via the phone is available. Rooms are sealed with a “cleaned and sealed” sticker, which shows you that nobody has been in it since it was checked by our head housekeeper and your key will be in the door.
- Hand sanitiser stations are at every entrance to the hotel.
- One-way systems are in operation to observe social distancing.
- Reservations are required for breakfast to ensure we can observe social distancing. Available between 7.30am and 9.45am (to be made during check in).
- Reservations are required for dinner to ensure we can observe social distancing. Available between 5pm and 8.30pm. Please book ahead of your stay as popular times can book up quickly. View Dinner Menu.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to service bedrooms while you are staying with us. A top up service has been introduced so you can call reception with the items you require (tea, coffee, milk, water, teacakes etc). These will be left in a bag on your door handle.
- Towels will be changed if you are staying with us for more than three days and for stays longer than 7 days, we will arrange with you individually for your bedding to be changed.
- A rigorous cleaning process is in place for bedrooms: all our soft furnishings (curtains, beds, headboards, chairs, carpet) are commercially fogged every 27 days which guarantees they are safe. Every hard surface (including inside drawers, hairdryer, table legs etc) are sanitised between every use. Every tea/coffee/water/comment card/tea cake (anything that anyone else could touch and cannot be sanitised) is removed after every departure and replaced from safe stock. Every glass and mug are replaced daily.
- Soft furnishings in public areas have been fogged.
- Toilets and high contact points in public areas are sanitised and disinfected on a regular basis.
- Staff have been trained in covid routes of transmission, all carry sanitiser and wash their hands more frequently.
- Anything that comes into the building that customers can touch is quarantined for three days before allowed to be used.
- Staff will be wearing facemasks when in public areas or will be behind a screen.
- Guests are required to wear a face covering in public areas of the hotel when not eating or drinking.
- We are unable to accept tables of more than 6 people from more 2 households.
- We no longer put dressing gowns in the room as standard but if you would like one in your room for arrival or once you are here, please just let us know.
- Bedrooms must not be shared by more than one household (or extended household).
- The lounge, Bistro, and Restaurant must be vacated by 10pm by hotel residents and 6pm by visitors. By law, we must lock up the public spaces, sharp at this time. We thank you for your co-operation.
- Alcohol is not permitted inside the public spaces of the hotel at any time. You may enjoy an alcoholic drink on the decking up until 10pm or in your room. We also offer a great selection of non-alcoholic beers and soft drinks.
Arduaine Garden will be open Saturday – Wednesday between 9.30am and 4pm. Dogs are welcome on leads and there is an honesty box at the entrance. After 4pm, daily, hotel guests have free admission, please come to reception for the access code.
Plan Your Visit
Wild About Argyll have launched a handy new planning tool to help you see which Argyll businesses are open and when. You can easily find contact details and book direct. We are working collectively with our community to ensure you have a safe and memorable trip.
We are Good to Go
We have been accredited the ‘Good To Go’ certificate. This is an industry standard mark designed by Visit England, in partnership with Visit Scotland, to reassure visitors that we have clear processes in place for Covid-19 and are following government guidelines on cleanliness and social distancing.
Quality in Tourism
We are pleased to confirm that, following a rigorous property inspection and review of our COVID-19 risk assessments, we have been awarded Quality in Tourism’s Safe, Clean & Legal Accreditation. This accreditation reassures guests of our high standards and reiterates our team’s strong focus on hygiene and cleanliness.