Covid-19 Update – 20th July 2020
We are delighted to have re-opened our hotel on the 15th July and welcome back guests and visitors. We have implemented new procedures to ensure every aspect of our operation is safe. We have been accredited the ‘Good To Go’ certificate. This is an industry standard mark designed by Visit England, in partnership with Visit Scotland, to reassure visitors that we have clear processes in place for Covid-19 and are following government guidelines on cleanliness and social distancing.
Changes we have made:
- Check in via the phone is available. Rooms are sealed with a “cleaned and sealed” sticker, which shows you that nobody has been in it since it was checked by our head housekeeper and your key will be inside.
- Hand sanitiser stations are at every entrance to the hotel.
- One-way systems are in operation to observe social distancing.
- Reservations are required for breakfast to ensure we can observe social distancing. Available between 7.30am and 9.45am (to be made during check in).
- Reservations are required for dinner to ensure we can observe social distancing. Available between 5.30pm and 9pm. View Dinner Menu.
- Rooms will only be cleaned during your stay if requested.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to service bedrooms while you are staying with us. Should you not want your room cleaned during your stay, a top up service has been introduced so you can call reception with the items you require (tea, coffee, milk etc). These will be left in a bag on your door handle.
- Towels will be changed if you are staying with us for more than three days and for stays longer than 7 days, we will arrange with you individually for your bedding to be changed.
- A rigorous cleaning process is in place for bedrooms: all our soft furnishings (curtains, beds, headboards, chairs, carpet) are commercially fogged every 27 days which guarantees they are safe. Every hard surface (including inside drawers, hairdryer, table legs etc) are sanitised between every use. Every tea/coffee/water/comment card/tea cake (anything that anyone else could touch and can’t be sanitised) is removed after every departure and replaced from safe stock. Every glass and mug is replaced daily.
- Soft furnishings in public areas have been fogged.
- Toilets and high contact points in public areas are sanitised and disinfected on a regular basis.
- Staff have been trained in covid routes of transmission, all carry sanitiser and wash their hands more frequently.
- Anything that comes into the building that customers can touch is quarantined for three days before allowed to be used.
- Staff wear visors for food service.
- We no longer put dressing gowns in the room as standard but if you would like one in your room for arrival or once you are here, please just let us know.
- Our bistro is open as a takeaway café only from Thursday to Monday, serving freshly made take away food, snacks, cakes, ice creams and drinks between 11am. View Takeaway Menu.
- In a new development for the hotel, our new look restaurant will be open for lunch between 12pm and 2.30pm Thursday-Monday for those that would prefer a more leisurely, sit down lunch. View Lunch Menu.
Arduaine Garden will be open Thursday-Monday between 9.30am and 4pm. Dogs are welcome on leads and there is a honesty box at the entrance. After 4pm, Thursday-Monday, hotel guests have free admission, please come to reception for the access code.
Plan Your Visit
Wild About Argyll have launched a handy new planning tool to help you see which Argyll businesses are open and when. You can easily find contact details and book direct. We are working collectively with our community to ensure you have a safe and memorable trip.
Covid-19 Update – 11th June 2020
We are delighted to announce the hotel will reopen on 15th July 2020 and we can’t wait to welcome you all back to our little piece of Scottish paradise. Hospitality is what we do best and we are excited to have guests to look after once again.
As always, the safety of our team and guests is our main priority and we will be adhering to the Government’s operating guidelines. These guidelines will be published next week and as soon as we have them we will make another announcement.
In the meantime, our booking system is now live from 15th July 2020. Why not book yourselves in for a relaxing rural retreat. Our 4-star country house hotel is a great spot for getting away from it all. With stunning views of the West coast, excellent walks, private beach, plenty of fresh air and open spaces, it is the perfect Summer getaway.
New Cancellation Policy:
- If the hotel’s current reopening date of 15th July 2020 is delayed, making us closed on any dates of your stay and you do not wish to rearrange your reservation your deposit will be refunded within 3 days of cancellation. If you choose to rearrange your reservation your original rate would be honoured until 23rd December 2021.
- If the hotel is open but you need to cancel, as long as you do so by 10am on the day of arrival you may reuse your deposit towards another reservation up to and including 23rd December 2021.
- Your new reservation rates may be different depending on availability at the time.
- Cancellation for fully flexible packages is free up until 10am of the day of arrival.
- Cancellation after 10am on day of arrival, (for all deals, if hotel is open): A cancellation charge equal to the total cost of the first night’s stay, less the deposit already paid will be charged and non transferable.
- Christmas and Hogmanay packages are non-refundable or transferable after 1st December.
- To avoid financial loss due to unforeseen circumstances, all guests are advised to purchase appropriate insurance cover.
- All of the above does not apply to corporate tour groups.
Covid-19 Update – 1st June 2020
We will also continue to update our website and social media should we have any further announcements.
Best wishes, Calum & Rachel.
Covid-19 Update – 23th March 2020
Following the advice from the Scottish government on Sunday 22nd March that hotels “should not be accepting guests” we made the heart-breaking decision to close our hotel with immediate effect earlier today. We are devastated by the ongoing Covid-19 crisis and the effect this is having on not just fellow hotels and Scottish businesses but indeed absolutely everyone. Our priority is keeping our team, their families, and our local communities safe and healthy.
All reservations up until (and including) the 31st May 2020 have now been cancelled. Should you have a booking during this period your deposit will be held, and you will have a chance to rebook within the next 18 months. We appreciate your support during this difficult time.
Should you need to get in touch with us please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This mailbox will be checked intermittently. We will also continue to update our website should we have any further announcements.
We look forward to re-opening and welcoming you all back again once it is safe to travel. In the meantime, we wish you and yours good health.
Best wishes, Calum & Rachel.
Covid-19 Update – 20th March 2020
Unfortunately due to the closure of our neighbouring Arduaine Gardens, we have taken the decision to not open our Bistro until further notice. Our hotel and restaurant remain open and will continue to do so until we have no choice but to close.
We will be serving takeaway filled rolls from 10am – 12am. Lunch in the hotel lounge from 12pm – 5pm and dinner in the restaurant from 6pm – 9pm, adhering to the recommendations for social distancing. Tea, coffee, drinks, snacks and home-bakes are available all day.
We remain committed to having a strong and healthy business and are doing everything we can to support our team and guests during this incredibly difficult time. We would like to thank everyone for their help and support and wish you good health. Calum & Rachel.
Covid-19 Statement – 16th March 2020
Here at Loch Melfort Hotel we are closely monitoring the current and fast changing situation with Covid-19. Our hotel remains open to dining and overnight guests and we are doing everything we can to provide a safe and healthy environment for our team and visitors.
What we are doing
- Increased disinfecting of surfaces which are touched frequently – door handles, the front desk and toilets etc.
- Colleagues have been provided with hand sanitiser and we are necessitating extra hand washing.
- Guidelines are in place for team members not to come into work if they feel unwell or show any symptoms of Covid-19.
- We are offering remote check-in for guests so there is no need to come to the reception desk. Guests will receive all information via email including their room number and paperwork will be left in the bedroom to be collected later on.
How to avoid the virus
We ask guests to please follow the official NHS guidelines for avoiding the virus:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get back to the hotel after being out
- Use hand sanitiser gel whilst you are out and about if soap and water are not available (if possible)
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
Should you show any symptoms of Covid-19 please do not come to the hotel.
Flexible Travel Policies
We have put new rates and policies in place to help ease the stress of uncertainty.
Should you already have a booking with us but wish to amend or cancel your booking the following applies:
50% Deposit Rates
If you have paid a 50% deposit and your booking is taking place from 14 days’ time you may change your dates within a 12-month period. This has been increased from our usual 6 months.
Fully Flexible Rate
For guests wishing to book future stays we have introduced a new flexible bed and breakfast rate. This allows you to cancel or amend your booking up to 10am on the day of your arrival. We hope this rate will give you the comfort you need to book your stay knowing if anything changes with the current Covid-19 situation you can cancel with no strings attached.
Our hotel is located in a rural area, away from busy cities and towns and is a great spot for getting away from it all. Our sea-view lodge (isolated) bedrooms offer direct access, so no need to venture into the rest of the hotel if you are uncomfortable being in public spaces during this difficult time. We offer 24-hour room service and are happy to provide you with everything you need for a comfortable stay.
Lastly, we would like to thank you for your support during these unprecedented times and wish you and your loved ones good health.